COVID-19 and the Workplace: Employment and Safety Law Implications for Local Government
Wallmans is thrilled to be bringing back our popular Local Government Seminar Series, starting with a timely session on workplace law and the COVID-19 pandemic.
The ongoing management of COVID-19 has raised unique and unprecedented challenges for employers in the workplace.
At this seminar, join our Employment and Safety Partner Michael Kay as he provides practical advice in relation to his recent experiences, advising local government employers, in relation to COVID-19.
This practical and informative seminar will include topics such as -
- Working from Home and WHS – How far does Council need to go to comply?
- Working from Home Disputes – When can an employer compel an employee to return?
- The Covid-19 Vaccine: Can it be made compulsory? - The interaction between employment, privacy law and WHS.
- Employees who refuse to perform available work due to COVID concerns – Options and strategies.
- A practical overview of the (limited) case law relevant to Local Government.
This session would suit those in management and leadership, and all HR, IR, OD, P&C and WHS professionals working at councils and/or their subsidiaries.
There is no cost to attend the forum, however due to popularity please register to secure your place.
Wallmans are located at Level 5, 400 King William Street, Adelaide (Corner of Gilles Street). Please note that 2 hour street parking is available on Gilles, Gilbert and King William Streets (dependent on availability).
Additionally there is a paid undercover car park adjacent to the building, with entry from Gilles Street (subject to availability).
**This session is for those working in the Government sector only**.