- Business & Commercial
- Competition & Consumer
- Corporate Governance
- Digital & Social Media
- Employment, Safety & Workers Compensation
- Energy & Renewables
- Financial Services
- Hospitality & Licensing
- Intellectual Property, Technology & Media
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Planning & Environment
- Property, Construction & Infrastructure
- Taxation & Superannuation
- Transport & Shipping
- Wine, Viticulture & Brewing
Intellectual Property, Technology & Media
Wallmans Lawyers has a leading Intellectual Property team with expertise across all facets of the law, including trademarks, patents, registered designs and copyright, commercialisation of assets, privacy, data protection and breach, dispute resolution and litigation. One of our senior lawyers is recognised as one of Adelaide's leading experts in the areas of Technology, Media and Telecommunications law and in Intellectual Property law (Doyles Guide).
We act for a range of organisations from technology businesses and tech platforms, entrepreneurs, start ups, creative agencies, product developers, media, publishers and general businesses to commercialise, leverage, protect and defend their intellectual property rights. One of our key areas of expertise is in the protection of confidential designs, technologies and information. Our experience in this area includes assisting companies in the identification and protection of confidential information and technologies, strategic planning of IP protection, and advising technology start-ups on their legal options and obligations.
Working alongside our client's business, we assist with the full life cycle of IP, from creation, registration and protection through to prosecution or defence, including hearings before IP Australia, Federal Court litigation and domain name disputes. Our experience extends to national and international products and brands.
We have extensive experience in bringing and defending claims of misleading and deceptive conduct, or where a brand experiences passing off of their product or service. Additionally we advise on the full range of digital and social media law including advertising, defamation, SPAM regulation, compliance and crisis management.
Our experience in technology law includes IT contract formation and negotiation, advising on website and e-commerce sites and technology licensing. Working closely with our Privacy practice we also advise on data collection, protection, breach and legislative compliance. In this regard we work across a range of industries including banking and finance, IT development, universities and research institutions, health, government and the not for profit sector.
- All forms of Intellectual Property, including Copyright, Trade Marks, Registered Designs, Moral Rights, Plant Breeders’ Rights and Patents (defence and prosecution)
- Online trading, transactions and e-commerce
- Creation and management of digital asset portfolios
- Websites- domain names, disputes, trademarks
- Technology contracts, transfer and licensing
- Enforcement of intellectual property rights including injunctions
- Confidential information including protection and enforcement of breach of use
- Design infringement and enforcement
- Product licensing including for international brands
- Misleading and deceptive conduct and passing off claims and defence
- Brand management and reputation management (see also Digital & Social Media law)
- Intellectual property and cross over with employment law including freelancing and consultancy agreements
- Privacy, data protection and breach