- Aboriginal Organisations
- Business & Commercial
- Competition & Consumer
- Corporate Governance
- Digital & Social Media
- Employment, Safety & Workers Compensation
- Financial Services
- Hospitality & Licensing
- Intellectual Property, Technology & Media
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Planning & Environment
- Property, Construction & Infrastructure
- Taxation & Superannuation
- Transport & Shipping
- Wine, Viticulture & Brewing
Hospitality & Licensing
Wallmans Lawyers has one of the largest and most experienced Hospitality and Licensing practices in South Australia.
Partner Ben Allen is widely recognised as a leader in Licensing and Gaming Law, regularly advising industry groups and individuals affected by licensing applications and the conduct of licensed premises. Additionally, our Commercial and Property section assist with commercial, retail and hospitality leases, conveyancing, sales and purchases of licensed premises and other commercial transactions.
Ben and his team advise on a range of issues affecting hotels, restaurants and venues including liquor licensing, gaming law and regulations, smoking bans, and undertaking applications to the Licensing Authority, as well as appearing regularly before the Liquor and Gambling Commissioner, Licensing Court and Supreme Court. The team also have significant experience in making applications to Councils for development and other approvals.
Ben also acts on behalf of licensees defending prosecutions for alleged breaches of their obligations.
With our wider experience in Wine and Viticulture, we bring together a multi-disciplinary team which assists with a range of broader legal issues involved in the management and operation of hospitality venues, wineries, producers and retail liquor sales. Our Employment practice advises a range of venues and wineries in regards to their employment and industrial relations issues, including award application and interpretation, workplace agreements, work health and safety, performance management and misconduct and workers’ compensation issues. Our Wine and Viticulture lawyers have extensive experience in capital raising, structuring and taxation, grape supply, distribution and export, intellectual property including licensing agreements, trade marks and foreign trade mark registration and labelling laws.
Hospitality and Licensing Services
- All applications to the Liquor and Gambling Commissioner including new applications for, and variations to, licences, redefinition of licensed premises, community impact assessments
- Representation and defence of Police complaints in the Licensing Court
- Buying, selling and leasing licensed premises
- Council applications for development approvals
- Employment and industrial relations issues
- Submissions on applications
- Gambling applications of various kinds, including gaming machines, Keno and TAB
- Occupational health and safety issues
- Grape and Wine supply and distribution
- Intellectual property- pre-branding due diligence, trademarks, licensing agreements
- Marketing, advertising and social media
- Representation in courts and to relevant authorities
- Smoking regulations
- Taxation advice