- Business & Commercial
- Competition & Consumer
- Corporate Governance
- Digital & Social Media
- Employment, Safety & Workers Compensation
- Energy & Renewables
- Financial Services
- Hospitality & Licensing
- Intellectual Property, Technology & Media
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Planning & Environment
- Property, Construction & Infrastructure
- Taxation & Superannuation
- Transport & Shipping
- Wine, Viticulture & Brewing
Energy & Renewables
Wallmans’ dedicated Energy and Renewables practice is tailored to assist clients navigate through the regulatory and commercial environment, whether you are an investor, producer, developer, retailer or government.
Our experiences across the sector includes advising on projects spanning the electricity, oil, gas, renewables and water markets both nationally and internationally.
We offer strategic and practical advice in this rapidly evolving sector, including on greenfield development, project feasibility, governance, financing, new supply, regulation, electricity and other purchase agreements, disposal of infrastructure and assets, and the raft of operational and business legal issues.
The economic regulation of energy is a key focus for regulators and regulated businesses. As such we have advised on relevant processes, the determinations of regulators in the energy, renewables and water sectors and on challenges to regulatory determinations. Our team has also advised on third party access regimes for services provided by means of electricity transmission, electricity distribution, gas transportation and water infrastructure.
Our practice has a particular focus and interest in the growing renewables market, and in South Australia alone, it is expected that 75-100% of its electricity will be secured from renewable sources by 2025. The current disruption in the sector, calls for skilled, proactive and commercial advisors who can provide innovative advice on these emerging markets.
Some of our team’s notable experience has included:
- Acted for a thermal energy storage company for the supply, commissioning and installation of thermal energy storage devices, including negotiation and drafting supply agreements, asset lease agreements and operation/maintenance agreements.
- Acted on the proposed development of a AUD$1.2 billion Wind Farm, including negotiation and drafting of Transmission Connection Access Agreement, Power Purchase Agreements, construction contracts, HVDC Construction and Installation Contract, balance of plant subcontracting arrangements and associated project finance documentation.
- Acted for a wind turbine manufacturer and supplier in relation to the construction, operation and maintenance of wind farm developments across South Australia, New South Wales, Victoria and Japan.
- Acted for one of Australia’s largest gas distributors in relation to the expansion of its Queensland gas transmission pipeline.
- Acted for an electricity provider in relation to the proposed sale of certain regulated electricity infrastructure assets.
- Acted for a significant oil and natural gas producer in the negotiation and drafting of gas sale agreements, crude oil purchase agreements, royalty agreements, joint venture agreements, LPG agreements, crude oil transportation agreements.
Our Energy & Renewables Services include:
- Oil and Gas
- Renewables: solar, hydro-energy, marine, winds, storage, waste-to-energy, battery, geothermal and bioenergy