Effective 1 July 2014
Form 2 – Notification of client's rights (regulation 63)
Your rights in relation to legal costs
The following avenues are available to you if you are not happy with this bill:
- requesting an itemised bill
- discussing your concerns with us
- having our costs adjudicated
- applying to set aside our costs agreement
- making a complaint to the Legal Profession Conduct Commissioner (if you believe there has been overcharging)
There may be other avenues available in your State or Territory (such as mediation).
For more information about your rights, please read the fact sheet titled Your right to challenge legal costs. You can ask us for a copy, or obtain it from the Law Society of South Australia (or download it from their website www.lawsocietysa.asn.au).