- Telephone (08) 8235 3033
- Email Tasman Wylie
- Save my contact details
- Download my Profile
- View my profile on
Tasman (Tas) joined Wallmans in 2021 and practices across the firm’s Business and Commercial, Intellectual Property and Technology teams.
Tas provides advice in general business and commercial transactions, including structuring, corporate governance, sale and purchase of business, mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracts and other agreements, franchising (establishing and ongoing compliance) and PPSR securities. He has a special interest in digital and social media law and technology, assisting with advice to the firm’s clients across industries such as Fintec, Media and arts, start up, not for profit, agriculture, research and education.
Tas has a particular interest in intellectual property law, having completed a Graduate Certificate in Trade Mark Law from the University of Technology Sydney, in addition to his formal law qualifications. In this capacity, Tas advises clients on the full scope of intellectual property law including IP audits, copyright, brand protection and trademarks, database and data protection, protecting confidential and trade secret information, commercial and artistic IP licensing and cyber security. Working closely with our leading IP Partner, Tas assists in complex trade mark prosecutions and defences, copyright and patent disputes, domain name disputes and defamation.
With a background in commercial law and intellectual property, prior to joining Wallmans, Tas was employed in a boutique commercial law firm, additionally spending two years working at their regional office in Millicent. This experience allowed him to hone his strong problem solving, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
Tas has a double degree in Law and Commerce (2015) and Diploma of Legal Practice (2016) from Bond University. With strong commercial acumen, Tas is passionate about assisting his clients meet their business objectives, via the provision of practical, commercial and tailored legal advice.
Memberships / associations
- The Law Society of South Australia
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
Areas of Practice
Honours & Awards
- Leading Technology, Media and Telecommunications Law Firms - South Australia - 2022 Doyles Guide
- Leading Intellectual Property Law Firms - South Australia - 2022 Doyles Guide
- Tasman Wylie | Doyles Guide - Intellectual Property & TMT Law Rising Stars
- 5-Star Intellectual Property Lawyers & Firms 2021 - Australasian Lawyer
- Leading Intellectual Property Law Firms - South Australia - 2021 Doyles Guide
- Leading Technology, Media and Telecommunications Law Firms - South Australia - 2021 Doyles Guide