- Telephone (08) 8235 3000
- Email Stephen Dickinson
- Save my contact details
- Download my Profile
- View my profile on
Stephen is a specialist litigation lawyer with significant expertise in providing dispute resolution advice and support in a range of jurisdictions and areas of law.
The past decade has seen Stephen develop a strong practice and reputation in the area of estate litigation, an area to which his dispute resolution skills are very much suited. Stephen's expertise in this area is recognised in Doyles Guide of leading Will and Estates Litigation lawyers in South Australia.
Working alongside Wallmans’ longstanding and skilled wills and estates administration and planning team, Stephen provides advice and guidance to families, couples and individuals to assist them in protecting their assets, superannuation and estates from future claims.
As an experienced litigator, Stephen advises executors and trustees administering estates that are, or may become subject to a claim. Additionally, he assists beneficiaries in defending claims, along with individuals who may wish to bring a claim against the estate or assets of a family member or domestic partner. In this capacity, Stephen strives to apply his skills as an accredited mediator and experienced negotiator to guide parties towards a commercial resolution in order to avoid what can be debilitating costs and the value of estates diminishing rapidly. As a result of his experience in this and other areas of law, Stephen has been rated one of Australia's Best* Lawyers for Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Due to Stephen’s strong reputation in this specialist area, he has been appointed by the Supreme Court of South Australia as the litigation guardian of a number of protected persons embroiled in complex litigation. Additionally, he has been appointed by the Supreme Court of South Australia as the legal representative of a large class of beneficiaries residing locally, interstate and overseas in respect of a claim commenced against the estate of a family member who had passed away without a will. Stephen has appeared before the Federal, Supreme, District, Magistrates and Industrial Relations Courts, and has conducted trials and appeared on contested applications in a range of jurisdictions.
*Source: Best Lawyers Australia list (practice areas: Alternative Dispute Resolution), published by Woodward/White.
Memberships / association
- The Law Society of South Australia
- National Mediation Accreditation (Bond University)
- Adelaide University Cricket Club (20 year association as Committee member, Captain and player)
Areas of Practice
Honours & Awards
- Stephen Dickinson | 2018/19 Best Lawyers Australia Listing - Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Stephen Dickinson | Doyles Guide - Leading Wills and Estate Litigation Lawyers 2017 (SA)
- Stephen Dickinson | 2017 Best Lawyers Australia Listing - Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Stephen Dickinson | Doyles Guide - Leading Wills and Estate Litigation Lawyers 2015 (SA)
- Risk management & dispute solutions - Insights for accountants & advisors - Edition 3
- Risk management & dispute solutions - Insights for accountants & advisors - Edition 2
- Risk management & dispute solutions - Insights for accountants & advisors - Edition 1
- Could Mediation lead to fewer planning appeals?
- Estate Litigation | Estate claims present a key family threat
- Building and Construction Disputes | Avoid costly litigation
- Mediation | A Good Idea for Family Business Disputes