- Telephone (08) 8235 3020
- Email Seamus Brand
- Save my contact details
- Download my Profile
- View my profile on
Seamus practices across the firm’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution team, with a focus on insolvency and commercial litigation.
With a broad commercial litigation background, Seamus provides advice to liquidators, debt purchasers and mercantile agencies in relation to litigious matters including winding up applications, bankruptcy proceedings, and the preparation of documents relating to general debt recovery. With previous experience working in a specialised commercial litigation firm, Seamus has a practical outlook and strives for commercially feasible results.
One of Seamus’ key industry sectors is government, and he assists in providing advice and representation to the Local Government Association Mutual Liability Scheme regarding public liability and professional indemnity claims concerning South Australian Councils and Local Government entities. Seamus’ previous role with the Australian Government Solicitor has cultivated a unique insight and experience in responding to legal issues facing our government clients.
Seamus initially joined Wallmans as a member of our Employment and Workplace law team, assisting our corporate clients with a wide range of workplace considerations including contract and instrument interpretation, statutory interpretation, workplace investigations, work health and safety, terminating employment, non-compete, intellectual property and confidentiality considerations post-employment, contract and policy drafting, and defending employment law disputes before Courts and Tribunals.
Prior to joining Wallmans, Seamus gained experience at both government and private legal practices with a focus on large scale litigation. Additionally, he was an Associate to the President of the South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal and continues to tutor in the Law School at the University of South Australia.
Seamus has an Honours Degree in Law and a Bachelor of Arts (International Relations) from the University of South Australia.
Memberships / associations
- The Law Society of South Australia
- Australian Restructuring, Insolvency and Turnaround Association
- Australian Labour and Employment Relations Association
Areas of Practice
Honours & Awards
- Seamus Brand | 2023 Finalist - Rising Star of the Year
- Seamus Brand | 30 Under 30 Awards Finalist - Insolvency | Lawyers Weekly 2023
- Leading Employment Law Firms (Employer Representation) – South Australia - 2023 Doyles Guide
- Leading Workplace Health & Safety Law Firms – South Australia, 2023 Doyles Guide
- Leading Workplace Health & Safety Law Firms – South Australia, 2022 Doyles Guide
- Leading Employment Law Firms (Employer Representation) - South Australia - 2022 Doyles Guide