- Telephone (08) 8235 3021
- Email Rohan Agnew
- Save my contact details
- Download my Profile
- View my profile on
Rohan joined the firm in 2015 as a Partner in our Business and Commercial section.
Rohan has a broad commercial practice and also has considerable experience in insolvency matters. Rohan’s expertise in this regard has been recognised in the prestigious Doyles Guide of leading Insolvency Lawyers.
With assistance from the firm's Taxation and Workplace Relations teams, Rohan can provide advice through the entire lifecycle of a business – from incorporation and establishment, to supply and other commercial agreements, financing and PPSA advice through to the sale or winding up of the business.
He has particular expertise in franchising as well as intellectual property, including in IT and software licensing, distribution and development agreements. Rohan acts for a range of private businesses (including those in the fuel, transport and distributing industries), farmers and property owners, as well as accounting, medical, financial planning and other professional practices. A large part of his practice is rural based with key experience in the agricultural and winemaking sectors.
While his experience includes advising on small to medium scale business sales he has also lead the following notable projects:
- $65m purchase by ECH of Masonic Homes aged care facilities in SA and NT
- $32m sale of Harris Refrigerated to Rand Transport
- $20m sale of Avalon Systems to a UK based company
- $15m sales of a tour operator and hostel provider
- purchase of South Australian Farmers Fuel (a petroleum company with 48 retail service stations in SA).
With a background in banking and finance including working in Scotland for a law firm specialising in financing for capital projects, and starting his career as a insolvency practitioner at Deloitte, Rohan has a unique appreciation of issues facing business and associated transactions, and the need for a practical outlook and commercially feasible results.
Memberships / associations
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Taxation Institute of Australia
- The Law Society of South Australia