- Business & Commercial
- Competition & Consumer
- Financial Services
- Hospitality & Licensing
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Planning & Environment
- Property, Construction & Infrastructure
- Retirement Villages & Aged Care
- Taxation & Superannuation
- Transport & Shipping
- Workplace Relations, Employment & Safety
Workplace Relations, Employment & Safety
The laws regulating workplace relations, employment and safety are complex and constantly changing. Despite these difficulties, employers must remain aware of their legal obligations. This is not only to ensure legal compliance but also to provide a safe working environment for, and effective strategic management of, their most important asset – their people.
Wallmans Lawyers has been listed in Doyle's Guide as being a recommended 'Leading Employment Law Firm' in South Australia, an accolade recognising the expertise of the team.
We have a team of dedicated experts that advise and represent employers in relation to workplace relations, employment and safety law. We act for a significant number of employers across a range of industry sectors including professional services, manufacturing, health, hospitality and local government.
Our practice has both a litigious and advisory focus and has developed a reputation for practical, cost-effective and unpretentious advice.
We provide our clients with day-to-day sounding board advice in regards to all aspects of workplace relations and employment management, including the review or preparation of enterprise agreements, contracts of employment, workplace policies and procedures, performance management and workplace grievances.
We also provide our clients with advice and representation in relation to all issues relating to work health and safety, union disputation, apprentices and trainees, workplace surveillance, redundancies, general protections and adverse action, allegations of bullying, workers compensation, equal opportunity and all claims arising in relation to the termination of employment.
Our team also provides practical training to clients on a wide range of topics including work health and safety, performance management and workplace bullying.
Our team acts for a wide range of clients (predominantly employers) across a wide range of industries in both the public and private sector. Our team has particular expertise in the areas of Local Government, hospitality, health and manufacturing.
Workplace Relations, Employment and Safety Services
- Employment contracts and enterprise agreements
- Workplace policies and procedures
- Unfair dismissal and underpayment claims
- General protections and adverse action claims
- Breach of contract claims
- Industrial disputation
- Workers compensation
- Workplace training
- Workplace investigations
- Workplace health and safety advice and representation
- Workplace surveillance and privacy
- Social media
- Managing employee performance
- Managing disciplinary issues including termination
- Equal opportunity, bullying and sexual harassment
- Misconduct and other workplace grievances
- Restructures and redundancy