Wallmans Lawyers is an Adelaide based commercial law firm with a strong reputation for providing high quality legal advice and exceptional service to our clients.
Due to significant growth, our highly regarded Employment, Safety and Workers Compensation Team is seeking a 2 – 5 year PAE Solicitor or Associate to join our busy employer focused practice. This would initially be for a twelve-month fixed term commencing on January 2022.
In this genuinely varied, interesting and dynamic role, you will have the opportunity to work with an experienced team of senior employment lawyers, under the guidance of an industry leading Partner, on diverse and interesting matters relating to employment, safety and workers compensation, for employers across the private and public sector. A comprehensive description of the services we provide to our clients is available at the link below.
Other essential criteria include:
- Admission to practice in South Australia;
- Demonstrated interest in labour law, WHS and/or the RTW Act;
- Demonstrated exceptional customer / client service;
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal);
- A proven ability to analyse and interpret complex laws; and
- A personable and pragmatic approach to team work and customer / client relationships.
It would also be highly advantageous for the candidate to possess:
- Legal experience (provision of advice and representation) in employment law, WHS and/or workers compensation;
- Experience with conducting and reporting on workplace investigations;
- Experience with litigation in the Federal Court, the Fair Work Commission and/or the South Australian Employment Tribunal; and
- Employment law experience in both the private and public sectors (and the South Australian and Commonwealth Fair Work Act legislation).
This a genuine career opportunity in a welcoming, hard-working and collegiate team for the right person.
If you are a personable, commercially astute solicitor looking to contribute to the growth our Firm whilst working in a collaborative and supportive team environment (while being mentored and supported by leading practitioners) please apply by email to Kate Maguire, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Friday, 10 December 2021.
More information about our employment team, our clients and the services we offer can be found here:
2 - 5 years PAE