An opportunity has become available for an experienced Legal Administration Assistant in our Medical Negligence team at our law firm in the CBD.
Our ideal candidate is a motivated person committed to following process and providing prompt, accurate and efficient administrative support. A can do attitude is a must.
This is a very busy practice with a high volume of work and requires a switched on candidate who has the ability to remain focussed and deliver quality work under pressure.
This is a varied role, working with a Paralegal/Administration Assistant supporting a Senior Consultant, best suited to a candidate with a minimum of 2-3 years legal administrative assistant experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Dictaphone typing, with high level of speed and accuracy;
- Typing of letters and documents;
- Photocopying & Scanning;
- Managing telephone enquiries;
- Maintaining calendars and appointments;
- Provide relief administrative assistance to other team members.
Essential competencies include:
- Previous legal secretary experience, at least 2-3 years ideally;
- High level written and verbal communication skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy;
- Efficient organisational skills;
- Ability to prioritise and remain focused under pressure;
- Accurate typing at a minimum 65 wpm;
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills;
- A passion for team work;
- High level confidentiality.
Prior administrative experience within a civil litigation environment would be viewed favourably.
This is an outstanding opportunity to contribute the success of a busy practice alongside respected lawyers and be challenged by varied and interesting work.
Applications will be treated confidentially and should be forwarded to the Human Resources Manager via email to email@example.com. Please note, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Minimum 2 years previous experience in civil litigation environment preferred