The Life Cycle of Employment – from hiring to firing and everything in between
Our next seminar in our Not For Profit (NFP) series will provide a snapshot of employment law that is directly relevant to NFPs.
The seminar is titled 'The life cycle of employment – From hiring to firing and everything in between' and is tailored specifically to the not- for-profit sector.
Partner and employment law team leader, Michael Kay will provide a comprehensive 'how to' guide, filled with practical tips and tricks, to assist NFPs with managing their legal and operational risks (as it relates to employees, contractors and volunteers).
Topics to be covered include:
- Categories of “employment” - What makes an individual an employee, a contractor or a volunteer?
- Finding and screening potential workers
- Perfecting the employment contract, and an overview of enterprise agreements and awards
- Perfecting your policies and procedures
- Making the offer and the probationary review
- Managing and ensuring quality performance
- Addressing and managing workers compensation claims (employees) or insurance considerations (contractors and volunteers)
- Dealing with allegations of bullying or other inappropriate behaviours
- Ending the engagement or ending employment – Redundancy, misconduct and poor performance
Who should attend:
- Human Resource Managers
- Industrial Relations staff
- Organisational Development/Corporate Services
- CEO’s tasked with HR responsibilities.
Wallmans are located at Level 5, 400 King William Street, Adelaide (Corner of Gilles Street). Please note that 2 hour paid street parking is available on Gilles, Gilbert and King William Streets (dependent on availability). Additionally there is a paid undercover car park adjacent to the building, with entry from Gilles Street (subject to availability).
Not For Profit Series: Save the Date
Look out for the announcement of other seminars in the series
7 November: Fundraising Strategy and Process
If you are not currently on our NFP database and would like to be, please email email@example.com