- Telephone (08) 8235 3005
- Email Shane Sankey
- Save my contact details
- Download my Profile
- View my profile on
Shane is a litigator practicing in the areas of Mercantile, Insolvency and Banking and Finance Law.
Shane has extensive experience providing advice to banking corporations, debt purchasers and mercantile agents in relation to litigious matters. He provides advice to private companies as well as leading ASX listed companies on matters such as securities, credit policies, contractual documents, contractual disputes, legislative and regulatory guidelines and litigious matters both from a strategic and procedural perspective.
Additionally, Shane has considerable experience in advising debt purchasers and financiers from a transactional and litigation perspective and has been published in a number of Australian and International journals.
Prior to joining Wallmans Lawyers, Shane worked for a leading international law firm providing advice to insurers on subrogated insurance claims and an array of commercial litigation matters. He has handled property disputes arising out of legal and equitable interests in land and the litigation associated with determining such competing interests.
Shane regularly conducts litigation in all Australian jurisdictions both at a State and Federal level. He has been admitted to practice in the New South Wales Supreme Court as a Solicitor and Barrister and concluded his legal training at Bond University in Queensland. He is also admitted to practice in South Australia. Shane has an intimate knowledge of civil procedure in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia and regularly handles litigation in those jurisdictions from the local court level up to the Supreme Court and appellant courts.
Prior to joining legal practice, Shane worked for, and provided advice to, one of Australia's leading banking corporations with specific emphasis on strategic recoveries both from a secured and unsecured perspective. He has also provided advice to some of Australia's leading corporations in the Australian steel, manufacturing and liquor industries.
Memberships / associations
- The Law Society of South Australia
- The Law Society of New South Wales
- Australian Institute of Credit Management
- Institute of Mercantile Agents (Australia)
- The Energy and Resources Law Association
Areas of Practice
Honours & Awards
- Risk management & dispute solutions - Insights for accountants & advisors - Edition 4
- Risk management & dispute solutions - Insights for accountants & advisors - Edition 3
- Risk management & dispute solutions - Insights for accountants & advisors - Edition 2
- Risk management & dispute solutions - Insights for accountants & advisors - Edition 1