- Telephone (08) 8235 3012
- Email Sarah Lithgow
- Save my contact details
- Download my Profile
- View my profile on
Sarah is a Senior Associate and specialist in workplace relations, employment and safety law, assisting employers in both the public and private sectors.
Involved in all aspects of workplace relations and safety advice, Sarah assists clients on a range of issues including contract reviews and drafting, award and industrial instrument interpretation, enterprise bargaining advice, post employment restraints, issues arising from transfer of business including employee entitlements, and policy reviews and drafting. She also has extensive experience in bullying and harassment, grievance resolution, performance management, redundancy and termination.
As a dedicated industrial relations practitioner, Sarah acts for employers across a range of industries including health, building and construction, hospitality, labour hire, not for profit, transport and professional services. She has extensive experience assisting government and local government entities with their industrial relations issues, including providing advice to managers and staff on effective compliance with workplace relations legislation and representing employers in industrial commissions, tribunals, the Federal Court and Federal Circuit Court.
Prior to joining Wallmans, Sarah worked as a solicitor in a Sydney legal firm. Earlier in her career she worked at the Australian Building and Construction Commission as an in house lawyer. Sarah’s previous experience, especially in highly unionised industries, has given her rounded specialist knowledge, with a key appreciation of commercial and practical considerations for her clients.
Sarah has a Master of Laws (with a focus on employment and administrative law), Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Science from the University of Sydney.
Memberships / associations
- The Law Society of South Australia
Areas of Practice
Honours & Awards
- Paper | COVID-19: Frequently Asked Employment Law Questions
- Insights Paper | Employment Law in Purchasing a Business: A Reference Guide
- Quarterly Employment Law Insights | Winter 2018
- Quarterly Insights | Autumn 2018
- Accounting Firm & HR Manager Fined for Involvement in Contraventions of the Fair Work Act 2009(Cth)*
- Professional Advisors, Employers & Franchisors - Worker Protections Significantly Strengthened
- Employment Law | Requests for Conversion From Casual to Permanent Reality for Thousands of Employers
- Employment Case | FWO v Quest South Perth - An Important Lesson for Those Who Engage Contractors
- Quarterly Insights - Autumn 2017
- Fair Work Commission Reduces Penalty Rates