- Telephone (08) 8235 3084
- Email Peter Varacalli
- Save my contact details
- Download my Profile
- View my profile on
Peter is a general property lawyer with experience acting for a diverse range of clients, including local government, universities, small to large businesses, institutional and ASX listed clients.
Peter frequently acts for both metropolitan and regional councils in relation to leasing, licensing and other forms of occupancy agreements, the sale and purchase of property by councils, sale of land for non-payment of rates and road matters including road openings and closures, authorisations and permits.
Peter’s experience extends to providing commercial property advice, documentation and transaction support to business including in relation to selling and purchasing commercial property, commercial development, coownership agreements for developers including joint ventures, commercial leasing, option agreements, land divisions and due diligence in connection with high value commercial property transactions. He also has experience working for a prominent South Australian based developer where he was involved in the identification and acquisition of retail and residential development sites.
In addition, Peter has acted for joint venturers, developers and local government in respect of infrastructure matters involving infrastructure funding and provision, including in connection with council initiated DPA processes and securing performance of developer’s obligations under section 51 of the Development Act.
Peter has a Bachelor of Laws with Honours and a Bachelor of Health Sciences (Pharmacology) from The University of Adelaide.
Memberships / associations
- The Law Society of South Australia
Areas of Practice
Honours & Awards
- Insights | Local Government Mobile Food Vendors Act & Regulations to operate from March 2018
- Insights | Local Government (Mobile Food Vendors) Amendment Bill
- LG Insights | E-conveyancing – are your property transactions compliant?
- Unfair contract terms and small business – what it means for property dealings involving councils
- LG Insights | recommendations resulting from a review of the Retail and Commercial Leases Act 1995
- LG Insights | Procurement – who are you contracting with?
- LG Insights | Lease or Licence Community Land for 42 Years
- Community land: realising the benefits of a clearly drafted community land management plan
- Winds of change - telecommunications and wind turbine leases and licences
- LG Insights | Submission to Office for the Small Business Commissioner
- Review of the Retail and Commercial Leases Act 1995 (SA)
- Red tape reduction for Crown and community land – an opportunity too good to miss
- Councils, ground leases and WHS
- Council owned assets and infrastructure – ensuring sustainability and balancing the books
- LG White Paper | Ownership, Management and Optimisation of Council Assets
- LG Matters | January 2014