- Telephone (08) 8235 3052
- Email Paul Gordon
- Save my contact details
- Download my Profile
- View my profile on
Paul joined our firm in 2018 advising in our Business and Commercial practice.
Paul has a broad commercial skill set, with specialisation in the areas of technology, media law, intellectual property and corporate governance. He is one of Adelaide’s leading experts on social media and privacy law, having been recognised in Doyles Guide for Leading Technology, Media and Telecommunications Lawyers and for Leading Intellectual Property lawyers.
Paul provides advice through the entire lifecycle of a business – from incorporation, establishment and structuring, to contracts and other commercial agreements, competition and consumer law issues and matters regarding online brand management and marketing. His experience extends to commercialisation of new technologies, brand protection, complex trade mark prosecutions and defences, copyright and patent disputes, domain name disputes, defamation, litigation and general commercial advisory services. He has particular interest in corporate governance, assisting organisations across the not for profit, technology, education, agriculture, start up, health and research sectors. Paul also works with wine and beverage clients with brand protection and contract drafting including distribution and export agreements. As a result of his experience, Paul was named amongst Australia’s Best Lawyers in Commercial Law.
Paul is a sought after speaker at technology and online law conferences, a guest presenter on radio programs and is an author of various publications discussing the intersection of technology and the law and current trends in social media. In 2013, Paul was named the Young Lawyer of the Year, recognising his professional excellence and contributions to the legal profession and the community at large.
Paul is the Managing Director of an online ticketing company, has held a number of board directorships and was also a part owner of a boutique law firm, and as such, has a unique appreciation of issues facing business, and the need for a practical outlook and commercially feasible results.
Memberships / associations
- The Law Society of South Australia
- Chairperson of On The Fly Inc
- University of South Australia Human Research Ethics Committee
- Aboriginal Health Research Ethics Committee
Areas of Practice
Honours & Awards
- Paul Gordon | 2020/21 Best Lawyers Australia Listing - Commercial Law
- Paul Gordon | Doyles Guide - Intellectual Property & TMT Lawyer 2019 (SA)
- Paul Gordon | 2019/20 Best Lawyers Australia Listing - Commercial Law
- Paul Gordon | 2018 Best Lawyers Australia Listing - Commercial Law
- Paul Gordon | 2016, 2017, 2018 Doyles Guide - Technology, Media and Telecommunications Lawyers
- Paul Gordon | 2015 National Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30 -Intellectual Property
- Paul Gordon | 2013 Young Lawyer of the Year
- VIDEO | Paul Gordon speaks to Amelia Veale of Narrative Marketing on Data Privacy & Social Media Law
- VIDEO | COVID-19 Signing and Witnessing Documents
- VIDEO | COVID-19: Working Remotely and Privacy Considerations
- Privacy considerations for your workplace: Collecting personal information regarding COVID-19
- VIDEO | COVID-19: Can I cancel a Contract?
- Article | When does a joke become copyright infringement?
- Radio Interview: Dash Cams & Privacy
- Article | Does GDPR apply to my tourism business?
- Trade Marks | Protecting Your Business’ Brand Identity in the Food and Wine Industry