Lachlan has comprehensive experience in all aspects of property, financial services and business law. Clients trust his depth of knowledge, well honed practical and commercial skills and attention to detail. These attributes and his dedicated personal service make him an outstanding lawyer in his field and as such he has been recognised in both the Best Lawyers in Australia* listing for Property Law, and in Doyles Guide of leading South Australian Property Lawyers. He was a partner of a large Adelaide law firm for almost 30 years before joining Wallmans Lawyers in 2016.
Lachlan’s expertise in real estate law includes acquisitions and disposals, including due diligence and contract negotiation and documentation for various types of real estate assets including retail, commercial office, industrial, shopping centres, hotels, leisure and agricultural (forestry, vineyards and wineries). These transactions include portfolio purchases and sales, sales and leasebacks for single and multiple assets.
He also advises on property development projects (structuring, financing, stamp duty and documentation) including joint ventures, syndications, mixed land use agreements, residential and industrial estate land divisions, community title schemes.
He has an extensive leasing practice and acts for landlords and tenants including a national supermarket operator and shopping centre owners.
Lachlan also acts for financiers including banks and credit unions in relation to property finance and mortgage documentation. He assists clients to manage their mortgage processing and conveyancing systems and has been retained by banks and AFSLs to draft precedent loan and security documents.
Memberships / associations
- Property Council of Australia
- Law Society of South Australia
- Property Committee of the Law Society of South Australia
Areas of Practice
Honours & Awards
- Lachlan Andrews | Doyles Guide - Leading Property & Real Estate Lawyer 2019 (SA)
- Lachlan Andrews | 2019/20 Best Lawyers Australia Listing - Real Property Law
- Lachlan Andrews | Doyles Guide Leading Property & Real Estate Lawyer 2018 (SA)
- Lachlan Andrews | Doyles Guide - Leading South Australian Property Lawyers 2017 (SA)