- Telephone (08) 8235 3032
- Email Felicity Niemann
- Save my contact details
- Download my Profile
- View my profile on
Felicity has comprehensive experience as a specialist planning and environment lawyer who provides practical and straightforward advice. Felicity has practiced exclusively in the area of planning and environmental law for over 12 years and is well known in the South Australian jurisdiction.
Felicity regularly represents both private and public sector clients on a variety of matters including planning appeals, judicial review, civil proceedings and prosecutions.
Her experience includes the provision of advice on all matters arising under the Development Act 1993 and related legislation. She also has an in depth understanding of the Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act 2016 and its obligations as we transition towards full operation by 2020. As a dedicated planning and environment practitioner, Felicity also has experience in dealing with native vegetation, environmental licensing, regulatory and approvals, forest property agreements, major infrastructure and property development, compulsory acquisition, carbon sequestration and energy and resources.
Felicity is active and dedicated to her industry and regularly conducts training and presentations either in-house or with allied professional associations including the Planning Institute of Australia and the Local Government Association.
Felicity has a Bachelor of Laws (with Honours) and Bachelor of Arts (majoring in Politics) degrees from the University of Adelaide and a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice.
Memberships / associations
- The Law Society of South Australia
- The Law Society of South Australia - Planning, Environment and Local Government committee
- Property Council of Australia - Mainstreets committee
- Planning Institute of Australia
- National Environmental Law Association
Areas of Practice
Honours & Awards
- Insights | Citizens on patrol - Technology and the future of fighting crime
- Insights | Civil Action and Contaminated Land
- Insights | Cracking the Code - Planning Law SA
- Insights | Planning Law: Developers Carry the Can
- Insights | PDI Act 2016 - Community Engagement Charter - Second Consultation Draft
- Insights | Commencement of the Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act and Statutes Amendment
- Insights | Transitional Arrangements - New Planning System
- Insights | Hospitality, Tourism & Development Law
- LG Insights | What is a Priority Notice?
- Smoking Ban in Outdoor Dining Areas – regulations to commence 1 July 2016
- LG Insights | Doors open to roadside food stalls and perhaps much more?
- Expert Panel on Planning Reform final report - Response of the South Australian Government
- The Paior fix
- LG Insights | To ‘permit’ development – knowledge and control
- Failure to comply with statutory notice provisions for Category 2 and 3 development applications
- A best practice approach to investigations
- Giving directions in notices – clear and detailed is the key
- LG Matters | January 2014