- Telephone (08) 8235 3028
- Email Ellen Gordon
- Save my contact details
- Download my Profile
- View my profile on
Ellen is a specialist employment, safety and workers’ compensation lawyer who provides advice and representation to public and private sector employers across a wide range of industries including local and state government, transport and shipping, health and social welfare, technology, professional services, and not-for-profits.
Ellen has developed a well-earned reputation for providing clients with practical solutions and advice, for complex problems, in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Ellen assists employers with both disputes and advisory work. Ellen has particular expertise in contract drafting and review, award and enterprise agreement interpretation and compliance, workplace policies and procedures, work health and safety, all claims relating to the termination of employment, redundancy and restructuring, bullying, discrimination claims, underpayment claims and resolving industrial disputes. Ellen regularly represents clients at court and tribunal hearings including the Fair Work Commission and South Australian Employment Tribunal.
Ellen acts for both vendors and purchasers in relation to employment law due diligence arising from mergers and acquisitions and also assists clients with union disputation, including actual or threatened industrial action and/or the negotiation of enterprise agreements.
In addition to employment and safety matters, Ellen provides advice in relation to workers compensation, with particular experience representing employers in the SAET in relation to disputed workers compensation claims.
Ellen also assists in the preparation of tailored training for clients and in presentations and workshops for the firm's numerous industry partnerships.
Ellen has a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) degree and Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Psychology.
Memberships / Associations
- The Law Society of South Australia
- Australian Labour Law Association
- Australian Labour and Employment Relations Association
Areas of Practice
Honours & Awards
- WorkPac v Rossato: What does the “casual double-dipping” case mean for your workplace?
- Paper | COVID-19: Frequently Asked Employment Law Questions
- Privacy considerations for your workplace: Collecting personal information regarding COVID-19
- Insights Paper | Employment Law in Purchasing a Business: A Reference Guide
- Quarterly Employment Law Insights | Winter 2018
- Quarterly Insights | Autumn 2018
- Accounting Firm & HR Manager Fined for Involvement in Contraventions of the Fair Work Act 2009(Cth)*
- Professional Advisors, Employers & Franchisors - Worker Protections Significantly Strengthened
- Employment Law | Requests for Conversion From Casual to Permanent Reality for Thousands of Employers
- Employment Case | FWO v Quest South Perth - An Important Lesson for Those Who Engage Contractors
- Quarterly Insights - Autumn 2017
- Fair Work Commission Reduces Penalty Rates
- Employment and Safety Law - Quarterly Insights
- Alleging that an employee is unable to perform the “inherent requirements” of their role?