Ellen joined the firm's Workplace Relations, Employment and Safety practice as a law clerk in 2014 and continues to practice exclusively in this area since being admitted as a lawyer in 2015.
Ellen assists in the provision of workplace relations and safety advice to both public and private organisations including those in government, professional services, manufacturing, construction, health, transport, retail and not-for profit. Acting across various sectors, Ellen appreciates the need for employment law advice to be practical and cost effective.
Ellen assists the team with provision of advice on issues such as contract drafting and review, preparation of enterprise agreements, award interpretation, workplace policies and procedures, work health safety, termination and redundancy, bullying, adverse action, discrimination claims, grievance resolution and representation of clients at court and tribunal hearings.
She also assists in the preparation of tailored training for clients and in presentations and workshops for the firm's numerous industry partnerships.
Ellen has a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) degree and Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Psychology.
Memberships / Associations
- The Law Society of South Australia
Areas of Practice
Honours & Awards
- Quarterly Employment Law Insights | Winter 2018
- Quarterly Insights | Autumn 2018
- Accounting Firm & HR Manager Fined for Involvement in Contraventions of the Fair Work Act 2009(Cth)*
- Professional Advisors, Employers & Franchisors - Worker Protections Significantly Strengthened
- Employment Law | Requests for Conversion From Casual to Permanent Reality for Thousands of Employers
- Employment Case | FWO v Quest South Perth - An Important Lesson for Those Who Engage Contractors
- Quarterly Insights - Autumn 2017
- Fair Work Commission Reduces Penalty Rates
- Employment and Safety Law - Quarterly Insights
- Alleging that an employee is unable to perform the “inherent requirements” of their role?