- Telephone (08) 8235 3058
- Email Caderyn McEwen
- Save my contact details
- Download my Profile
- View my profile on
Caderyn joined Wallmans Lawyers in 2012 as a key member of the firm’s Hospitality and Licensing team and the Planning and Environment practice.
He specialises in applications to the Office of Liquor and Gambling Commissioner, Licensing Court work and commercial transactions.
Caderyn has extensive experience in advising hospitality industry clients, wineries, licensees and landlords on a range of issues including liquor licensing, gaming, compliance, commercial leasing, property development, and sales and purchases of licensed venues, land and businesses.
He regularly appears before the Liquor and Gambling Commissioner and the Licensing Court in regards to both contested and non-contested applications, compliance matters and disciplinary issues.
Caderyn also has key expertise in the sale and purchase of a range of hospitality venues, from major metropolitan hotels to rural venues. He advises on all transactional aspects including applications to the Office of Liquor and Gambling Commissioner, negotiations with Councils and dealings with regulatory and statutory bodies. Recent experience includes acting for a major independent liquor chain in the redevelopment of a number of their stores, instructing counsel in a long running contested application (for a licensee) in the Licensing Court, acting for the vendor in the sale of the freehold and business of an iconic Kangaroo Island tourist facility, and acting for a burgeoning SME in the acquisition and then re-opening of their two latest licensed CBD venues.
Caderyn is also a part of the firm’s Planning and Environment team advising private clients as well as the Local Government sector on the development assessment process and procedures.
Through his career, Caderyn has worked in prominent Adelaide based Commercial law firms as well as having operated his own business. He has a Bachelor of Laws degree with Honours and a Bachelor of Arts from The University of Adelaide. Whilst studying, Caderyn spent a year on study exchange in Sweden and travelled extensively working in licensed premises overseas, as well as in this State prior to graduating.
Memberships / associations
- Planning Institute of Australia
- The Law Society of South Australia
Areas of Practice
Honours & Awards
- Trade Marks | Protecting Your Business’ Brand Identity in the Food and Wine Industry
- Liquor Licensing | Changes Commence ‘On the Drip’
- Insights | Hospitality, Tourism & Development Law
- Smoking Ban in Outdoor Dining Areas – regulations to commence 1 July 2016
- Liquor Licensing and Aged Care and Retirement Villages
- Hospitality & Licensing | Licensee Alert: Don’t get caught with your signs down!
- Hospitality & Licensing | Licensing Insights
- Licensed premises – a hot topic for the media and councils alike
- LG Matters | January 2014
- LG Matters | October 2013
- LG Matters | July 2013
- LG Matters | March 2013
- Hospitality & Licensing | Dealing with GMEs in a Liquidation
- Is Your Development Plan Healthy?