- Telephone (08) 8235 3007
- Email Alison Brookman
- Save my contact details
- Download my Profile
- View my profile on
Alison joined Wallmans in 2017 as a Special Counsel advising in the areas of planning, development and environment. Alison has a unique appreciation of planning and development as a result of post graduate studies in Regional and Urban Planning, in addition to her qualifications and experience in law.
With a career spanning over 30 years, Alison is skilled at assisting clients on the development assessment process, including the assessment of applications against the provisions of Development Plans and the Building Rules, and acts in enforcement and appeal proceedings pursuant to the Development Act 1993.
Alison has specific experience advising on the planning and development issues associated with major projects such as large scale housing land developments, wind farms, education facilities, landfill, industrial and manufacturing projects.
A key area of her practice is environmental management and compliance under the Environment Protection Act 1993. Alison regularly represents clients in the Environment, Resources and Development (ERD) Court as well as advising in regards to general compliance, licensing and breach of obligations. She has significant expertise in issues such as native vegetation and resource management, site contamination, water management, waste and resource recovery and rural conservation. Of note, Alison has acted in historic site contamination matters, advised in substantial native vegetation clearances in rural areas, as well as advising wind farm developers on proposed development suitability and regulation.
Alison has a Law Degree from the Adelaide University with post graduate qualifications in Regional and Urban Planning. Active in her industry she has acted as a Sessional Commissioner of the ERD Court, sat on the Development Assessment Panel of Burnside Council for a two year appointment as well as a supervisor of the Planning and Environment course for students undertaking the Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice.
Memberships / associations
- The Law Society of South Australia
- National Environmental Law Association
- Women Lawyers South Australia
Areas of Practice
Honours & Awards
- Insights | Citizens on patrol - Technology and the future of fighting crime
- Insights | Civil Action and Contaminated Land
- Insights | Cracking the Code - Planning Law SA
- Insights | Planning Law: Developers Carry the Can
- Are Airbnb Rentals Against Planning Laws?
- Insights | PDI Act 2016 - Community Engagement Charter - Second Consultation Draft
- Insights | PDI Act - Assessment Panels to Begin Operation
- Insights | Commencement of the Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act and Statutes Amendment
- Insights | Transitional Arrangements - New Planning System