- Business & Commercial
- Competition & Consumer
- Financial Services
- Hospitality & Licensing
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Planning & Environment
- Property, Construction & Infrastructure
- Retirement Villages & Aged Care
- Taxation & Superannuation
- Transport & Shipping
- Workplace Relations, Employment & Safety
Workplace Relations, Employment & Safety
As the laws regulating workplace relations, employment and safety are complex and constantly changing employers must remain aware of their legal obligations. This is not only to ensure legal compliance but also to provide a safe working environment for, and effective strategic management of, their most important asset – their people.
We have a team of dedicated experts that advise and represent employers in relation to workplace relations, employment, safety and workers compensation. As such Wallmans Lawyers has been listed in Doyle’s Guide as being a recommended ‘Leading Law Firm’ in South Australia in employment law, industrial relations and work health and safety.
Our practice has both a litigious and advisory focus and has developed a reputation for practical, cost-effective and unpretentious advice.
We provide our clients with day-to-day sounding board advice in regards to all aspects of workplace relations and employment management, including the review or preparation of enterprise agreements, contracts of employment, workplace policies and procedures, performance management and workplace grievances.
We also provide our clients with advice and representation in relation to all issues relating to work health and safety, union disputation, apprentices and trainees, workplace surveillance, redundancies, general protections and adverse action, allegations of bullying, social media, workers compensation, equal opportunity and all claims arising in relation to the termination of employment.
Additionally we are regularly engaged to undertake practical training for clients on a wide range of topics including work health and safety, performance management and workplace bullying.
Our team acts for employers across a wide range of industries in both the public and private sector, with particular expertise in the areas of government, Local Government, shipping, transport, health, retail, wine, hospitality, manufacturing and not-for-profit.
Workplace Relations, Employment and Safety Services
- Employment contracts and enterprise agreements
- Workplace policies and procedures
- Unfair dismissal and underpayment claims
- General protections and adverse action claims
- Breach of contract claims
- Industrial disputation
- Workers compensation
- Workplace training
- Workplace investigations
- Workplace health and safety advice and representation
- Workplace surveillance and privacy
- Social media
- Managing employee performance
- Managing disciplinary issues including termination
- Equal opportunity, bullying and sexual harassment
- Misconduct and other workplace grievances
- Restructures and redundancy