- Aboriginal Organisations
- Business & Commercial
- Competition & Consumer
- Corporate Governance
- Digital & Social Media
- Employment, Safety & Workers Compensation
- Energy & Renewables
- Financial Services
- Hospitality & Licensing
- Intellectual Property, Technology & Media
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Planning & Environment
- Property, Construction & Infrastructure
- Taxation & Superannuation
- Transport & Shipping
- Wine, Viticulture & Brewing
Employment, Safety & Workers Compensation
As the laws regulating employment, safety and workers compensation are complex and constantly changing, employers must remain aware of their legal obligations. This is not only to ensure legal compliance but also to provide a safe working environment for, and effective strategic management of, an employer's most important asset – its people.
We have a team of dedicated experts that advise and represent employers in relation to all aspects of employment. Wallmans Lawyers has been listed in Doyle’s Guide and Best Lawyers as a leading firm in South Australia in employment law, safety and workers compensation. Wallmans is one of the few law firms in South Australia that has genuine expertise across all three of these complex areas, enabling us to provide a holistic and comprehensive service for all of our employer clients.
Our practice has both a litigious and advisory focus and has developed a reputation for practical, cost-effective and unpretentious advice.
We provide our clients with day-to-day sounding board advice in regards to all aspects of workplace relations and employment management, including the review or preparation of enterprise agreements, contracts of employment, workplace policies and procedures, performance management and workplace grievances.
We also provide our clients with advice and representation in relation to all issues relating to work health and safety, union disputation, apprentices and trainees, workplace surveillance, redundancies, general protections and adverse action, allegations of bullying, social media, workers compensation for both registered and self-insured employers, equal opportunity, and all claims arising in relation to the termination of employment.
Additionally we are regularly engaged to undertake practical training for clients on a wide range of topics.
Our team acts for employers across a wide range of industries in both the public and private sector, with particular expertise in the areas of government, shipping, transport, health, retail, wine, hospitality, manufacturing and not-for-profit.
Employment, Safety and Workers Compensation
- Employment contracts and enterprise agreements
- Workplace policies and procedures
- Unfair dismissal and underpayment claims
- General protections and adverse action claims
- Breach of contract claims
- Industrial disputation
- Workers compensation
- Workplace training
- Workplace investigations
- Workplace health and safety advice and representation
- Workplace surveillance and privacy
- Social media
- Managing employee performance
- Managing disciplinary issues including termination
- Equal opportunity, bullying and sexual harassment
- Misconduct and other workplace grievances
- Restructures and redundancy