- Business & Commercial
- Competition & Consumer
- Financial Services
- Hospitality & Licensing
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Planning & Environment
- Property, Construction & Infrastructure
- Retirement Villages & Aged Care
- Taxation & Superannuation
- Transport & Shipping
- Workplace Relations, Employment & Safety
Transport & Shipping
Wallmans Lawyers has one of the most experienced Transport and Shipping practices in Australia. Partner Ian Maitland, a premier expert in Transport Law*, leads a dedicated team that specialise in all areas of transportation including road, rail, air and shipping.
Extensive experience and up to date knowledge ensures our team is familiar with regulations applying to all transport providers and able to advise on international trade matters and shipping regulations. We represent transport owners in all areas of logistics and carriage, advise on transport documentation including contracts of carriage, handle cargo/freight claims, personal injury, employment and environmental claims. In addition, we act for a variety of insurers and those who are insured on issues of indemnity.
Our team provides highly specialised advice to sectors of the maritime industry and have been involved with some of Australia's biggest shipping disputes. We have the ability to advise on all facets of Maritime Law from personal injury to collisions, groundings and salvage. Our maritime clients include Australian and International insurers, P&I Clubs, boatyards, marine manufacturers, yacht owners, ship owners, charterers, brokers and commercial organisations.
Maintaining our position as industry leaders, we have extended resources, including access to technical experts, regulatory authorities and government sectors. Our understanding of the legal, technical, regulatory and jurisdictional issues unique to the transport sector ensures we provide commercially realistic outcomes for our local, national and international clients.
Transport and Shipping Services
- Advising on all transport documentation, including contracts of carriage
- Advising on insurance requirements
- Handling cargo, personal injury and environmental claims
- Liaising with customs agents, freight forwarders and government agencies
- Negotiating with shipping companies and other transport providers in aviation, rail and road
- Representing transport owners operating in all areas of carriage
* Best Lawyers Australia List (Transport) published by Woodward/White.