- Business & Commercial
- Competition & Consumer
- Corporate Governance
- Digital & Social Media
- Employment, Safety & Workers Compensation
- Energy & Renewables
- Financial Services
- Hospitality & Licensing
- Intellectual Property, Technology & Media
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Planning & Environment
- Property, Construction & Infrastructure
- Taxation & Superannuation
- Transport & Shipping
Wallmans Lawyers has a specialist Privacy team, with expertise in the legislative and regulatory framework surrounding the collection, protection and use of personal information and data.
The collection and use of data affects all areas of business operations and coupled with the ever increasing reach of digital media and the reliance on technology, business must adhere to an increasing and complex compliance regime. As such, we partner with our clients to understand the widespread impact of data on their business activities, and develop practical compliance structures which can be implemented at all levels of their business. With a hands on approach, we are able to provide organisational training and compliance manuals to ensure adequate risk management.
We work across a range of sectors including banking and finance, retail, aged care, property, communications, manufacturing, education, utilities and resources and not for profit.
Our experience includes privacy compliance audits, drafting of privacy policies, impact statements and compliance manuals, advice regarding direct marketing and database creation and management, implications of data in cross border and international operations, privacy advice in the sale and acquisition of businesses, privacy obligations in workplace surveillance and employee record management and the use of sensitive or health related information. Our team has particular experience in the financial services sector, including advising on credit reporting and the Credit Reporting Code.
Privacy Law Services
- General organisational privacy advice
- Privacy audits
- Developing privacy policies, privacy statements in contracts, disclosure documents and privacy compliance manuals
- Marketing, advertising and direct marketing advice (including Spam Act and Do not Call Register Act)
- Credit reporting and the Credit Reporting Code of Conduct
- Advice regarding attempted or actual security and data breaches
- Advising organisations with national and international operations on their privacy implications (including where data is held on overseas servers)
- Advising on privacy implications regarding employee issues, employee records and in contracting to third parties
- Advising on privacy implications in mergers and acquisitions (due diligence advice, transfer of databases, employee records)
- Advising regarding obligations on health related and sensitive personal information
- Advising regarding the overlap of Privacy law and other related legislation for Government entities
- Organisational privacy training