- Business & Commercial
- Competition & Consumer
- Financial Services
- Hospitality & Licensing
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Planning & Environment
- Property, Construction & Infrastructure
- Retirement Villages & Aged Care
- Taxation & Superannuation
- Transport & Shipping
- Workplace Relations, Employment & Safety
Planning & Environment
Wallmans Lawyers' Planning and Environment team has a broad range of experience in providing advice and representing clients in this highly regulated area of practice. Our expertise in this regard has been recognised in the preeminent Doyles Guide* to Leading Planning and Environment firms in South Australia.
Our close involvement in planning law stretches back to 1967, when development controls were introduced to Adelaide. We have a comprehensive knowledge of the development assessment process through acting for Councils, developers and those affected by proposed developments.
From small residential developments, through to significant commercial and infrastructure-based projects, the experience of our team is extensive. The team regularly advise developers and appear at Council meetings and in the Environment, Resources and Development Court.
We also have considerable expertise in representing clients in the environmental management area, with experience on matters such as site contamination, pollution liability, due diligence, Environment Protection Act licence applications and environmental compliance advice.
*Doyles Guide to Leading Planning and Environment firms in South Australia
Planning and Environment Services
- Advice and assistance with appeals
- Civil enforcement
- Contaminated land issues
- Court applications and litigation
- Development plans and planning policy
- Environment Protection Act
- Environmental Impact Statements
- General environmental and planning advice
- Heritage issues
- Legal compliance advice
- Planning applications
- Pollution liability
- Preparation of environmental agreements
- Strategic advice in emergency response situations