- Business & Commercial
- Competition & Consumer
- Digital & Social Media
- Employment, Safety & Workers Compensation
- Energy & Renewables
- Financial Services
- Hospitality & Licensing
- Intellectual Property, Technology & Media
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Planning & Environment
- Property, Construction & Infrastructure
- Taxation & Superannuation
- Transport & Shipping
Wallmans Lawyers offer one of the few specialist Health Law practices in South Australia. We represent individual members of the medical, dental and allied health professions as well as South Australia's leading medical insurer.
Our team is highly experienced in all areas of Health Law and provides advice to, and defends claims against health practitioners arising from their professional activities. Most frequently, we are involved in defending allegations of medical or dental negligence, unprofessional conduct and criminal proceedings and representing health practitioners in coronial inquests. We regularly represent health professionals before the courts and tribunals of South Australia.
With the benefit of over 40 years of experience in acting for health professionals, our team recognises the stress placed on individuals when allegations are made concerning their professional practice, and the importance of defending reputation and integrity.
We strive to achieve the most satisfactory outcome by providing legally sophisticated and pragmatic advice to our clients. In some cases professional reputation is the paramount consideration, in others, an expeditious and certain outcome is the prime concern.
The practice is lead by highly regarded medical defence lawyers, Geoff Black and Margaret Byrnes who have been listed in the prestigious Best Lawyers Australia* (identifying the nation's outstanding legal talent) annually since its inception in 2008, for their work in the Health Law sector.
- Defence of medical negligence and criminal proceedings
- Legal representation in coronial inquests
- Advice and legal representation regarding complaints and professional disciplinary issues
- Risk management advice
- Advice on the diverse issues arising from practice in health professions such as Medicare investigations, workplace issues, discrimination and equal opportunity, accreditation, registration, privacy and confidentiality, prescribing and advertising.
* Best Lawyers Australia List 2012 (Health Law) published by Woodward/White.