Wallmans Lawyers offer students the opportunity to undertake their PLT placement within the firm.
We look for students with ability, enthusiasm and motivation who are friendly team players with strong communication skills. In other words, Wallmans people.
In return, we will offer an opportunity to experience life in a successful city legal practice, and welcome you as part of the team. You will work with lawyers at all levels on a daily basis, and the program will be coordinated by our Human Resources Manager to help make your transition from student to pre-admission lawyer as smooth as possible.
You will receive full training on our systems and procedures when you arrive and practical feedback when you finish your placement. We will also seek your feedback to ensure continuous improvement.
A typical placement at Wallmans Lawyers includes:
- Attending client meetings and interviews with witnesses
- Conducting and reporting on factual and legal research and draft opinions
- Collating and indexing documents for use in trials and mediation
- Preparing letters to clients, barristers and witnesses
- Drafting court documents and commercial documents
- Accompanying clients to a barrister's chambers or to court
- Attending court registries and public offices
- Participating in practice area section meetings and our in-house training program
Current VacanciesPLT Placements
Interested in working at Wallmans?
If there are no current vacancies in your preferred area, we welcome you to register your interest for any future positions by sending us your CV.Submit CV
A PLT placement at Wallmans Lawyers is a truly unique experience. Do not expect to be stuck in front of a photocopier or sitting by yourself all day in an office compiling folders. You will be immersed in the everyday action of legal practice. Be prepared to take charge and be actively involved in a broad range of matters – one day you could be assisting in providing advice to a commercial client on a contract, another you could be attending a pre-trial meeting with counsel for a Local Government matter. Most importantly, you should expect to receive support and guidance from a supportive and intelligent supervisor, and fellow Wallmans' practitioners.